Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2016

CTMH Regatta Paper Collection

It is Officially Autumn, but...
the weather is just right for boating!

I have finally got around to playing with the bright and very cheery Regatta Paper Packet along with the fun My Anchor Stamp Set  and My Anchor Thin Cuts.  So far I have only used Four of the Ten 12" x 12" double sided papers plus two of the PML papers.  I thought I would get these cards posted before I experimented with the remaining papers.

Regatta Featured Colours are ... Flaxen, Glacier, Pomegranate, Sapphire and White Daisy.
I love, love love the Sapphire Card Stock, such a gorgeous deep blue and the Pomegranate Card Stock makes a sophisticated change from  really bright red that is so often used for nautical themes.

Card One - Simply the Best
The first Clean and Simple card was so incredibly quick and easy to make. I mounted the top part of the lovely ombre paper (leaving off the Pomegranate portion) I then adhered the portrait version of the PML paper- Simply the Best (trimmed to allow the background paper to show).  Finally I stamped the sentiment  (using one of the stamps from the five piece stamp set C1637 - Stamps of Approval), White Daisy,  i stamped once in Sapphire and once in Pomegranate. I fancy cut the sapphire banner piece and mounted the Pomegranate "Thanks" on top.

Card Two- You are my Anchor
Sapphire mat mounted on White Daisy Card. The horizontal rope paper is one of the zip strips, the white anchors on sapphire paper strip mounted on white daisy and the cute little paper boat scene is another PML piece. The anchor, sapphire boat, and red heart were first stamped and then cut used the My Anchor Thin Cuts as were the white waves.
Card Three- You keep me afloat!

The sentiment prompted me to make a "life preserver" frame around the nautical scene.  Again I stamped the boat, waves and tiny heart before using the Thin Cuts. Although it took a bit of time, would be very easy to replicate.

Ahoy Matey - Pirate Birthday
The minute I saw this $10.00 stamp set called Pirate Birthday, I had to have it...such a cute little guy! The striped background was achieved by cutting half inch strips of sapphire card stock and adhering to the card front. The lighthouse and ocean waves are stamped and thin cut from the My Anchor sets. I created the porthole scene on some water colour paper using CTMH Water Colour Pencils. The little Pirate and Ship were coloured with ShinHan Markers and fussy cut.
Off to come up with some more cards using the other paper in the packet. Until; next time, Happy Crafting, Marguerite.


No comments: