Pages

Monday 1 June 2015

Ice Cream Dream S1506 CTMH Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop

June 2015 SOTM - Ice Cream Dream





Hello and welcome aboard our Stamp of the month Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Vandra's Virtual CTMH Craftroom, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today I would like to share with you two cards featuring June Stamp of the Month, Ice Cream Dream  available exclusively throughout June 2015 for $27 or for just $5 when you spend $75.

I have used one of my favourite colour combinations, using Chocolate, Pixie and Colonial White card stock . I embossed and sanded the chocolate mat and adhered it to the Pixie base mat. The cones were stamped with Desert Sand Ink on Cashmere card stock, Cocoa Ink to stamp the Chocolate ice cream (and the Pixie sentiment) and Cotton Candy Ink to stamp the Pixie ice creams.  After fancy cutting all pieces and inking the edges and, highlighting some areas with their  matching inks, I adhered three ice creams flat on a Colonial White mat (which I scored using the  CTMH Score Board) . The triple treat ice cream in the front, was built up with 3D foam tape.  Finally a touch of  bling which does not photograph very well) to add a touch of luxury.


I really wanted to use the sweet little ice cream van with all the ice creams so, I decided on a 5.5" White Daisy square card to fit everything in.  The  second mat is from the Wanderful Paper Pack. Playing on the "cartoon" quality of the stamps, I stamped everything in Versamark Ink on Pixie and Chocolate card stock and then embossed with White Embossing Powder.  Out with the ShinHan markers to colour the images (have not got the full set as yet but happy with the results) .

Don't forget Ice Cream Dream is only available until June 30, 2015 from your my store If you would like to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop please do.  Enjoy your next stop at  Jenny Gilbert's - The Creative Heart

Until next time..happy stamping!
Marguerite

9 comments:

Jo Armstrong said...

They are just gorgeous ideas Marguerite! I love the completely different effect gained by using the white border... beautiful! Thank you for your inspiration!

Vandra said...

I love the White embossed card. So cute!!

Lauren said...

Wow, embossing things on the second card really makes them stand out! Love these.

Maz said...

These look great - love how in the first cards the ice creams seem to be dripping off the card. Love love the white embossing powder & the look it gave the images.

Anne said...

I love this!!!! I never thought of the wanderful paper having that cartoon/comic strip conatation but it so does!

Vandra said...

I love that white embossing on the pink, so cute!

Jane Molloy said...

These cards are gorgeous I have never thought to colour with my shin Han markers on coloured cardstock! I love the white embossing. Well done :)

Scrapanywhere said...

love the big bouquet of icecreams:)

Kay said...

Wow
what alot of work.