Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Alternew Stamp Sets

I just could not resist any longer!

I have been dreaming about Alternew Stamps ever since I saw my first card on Pinterest way back in October last year. Last week I decided I could not wait any longer, and embarked on a google search to find an online supplier.  I was aware of one store but thought I would see what else was out there. I lucked out with Kim's Craft Supplies (her website is called craftsuppliesaustralia.com.au). 

Last week when I placed my order, Kim had a huge variety of stamps and dies from Alternew (note, this week many are out of stock). The good news, two more shipments are on their way!  It is still worth checking out her store and make a wishlistHow do I know this? I called Kim to ask about a particular stamp set that was not in her store.  She is such a pleasant and helpful person, I can highly recommend her. 

Anyway, I have been playing big time.  The stamps are gorgeous. For the first two cards I have used Alternew Wild Hibiscus Stamp Set . I decided to stamp colour and fussy cut my images until I got the hang of using all the sets.  I find it much less daunting to stamp a whole pile of images and experiment with colouring. That way I am not worried about wasting card bases and card stock.

I have used a combination of Water Colour Pencils, Distress Inks, Coloured Pencils and watercolour paints. For the card below I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, onto CTMH White Watercolour Paper, and CTMH Watercolour Paints. I can honestly say it was super easy to do. The trick is to build up the layers of colour starting with  a pale wash, and it is vital to let each layer dry before adding more paint.

Alternew Wild Hibiscus Stamp Set - CTMH Watercolours

For the next card I decided to experiment with my Prismacolor Premier colour pencils.  I have just invested in a set of 24 and they are divine.  I still have quite a lot of  experimenting to do and in particular the type of paper I should use. I decided to share this card anyway, despite my poor blending.  Unfortunately black card stock does not photograph very well, but the brightly coloured hibiscus flowers look very dramatic on the black background.

Alternew Wild Hibiscus - Prismacolor Premier Pencils

Off to do some more experimenting and playing.  Two more stamps sets to come.  Also, a litttle disclaimer. I have not been asked to advertise Alternew Stamps or Kim's Craft Supplies and I have paid for the supplies.  I just believe in complimenting someone who has given me excellent service and sharing products (other than CTMH),  that I am impressed with.

No comments: