Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

#Charlotte Love Affair Continues...

...and how to get FREE instructions for all cards

It's easy... just make a $20.00 purchase from my on-line store
or .......If you live on Sydney's North Shore JOIN the Nth Shore Crafters jan2016 "Gathering

You will need to register you email address when you log-in or you can email me to advise.
You will also receive a FREE copy of the new Seasonal Expressions Idea Book with your order

Charlotte Four Card Set

I actually started "playing with the Charlotte Paper Packet" with these cards.  As there are six (6) different double sided BandT papers in the range ....the sixth being the PML "card" papers horizontal/landscape format on one side and vertical/portrait on the other side, I have posted three cards using those papers here

I decided I wanted to experiment with the other 10 paper designs using just one patterned paper plus plain card stock for each card - four done and six to go. Also I wanted to share what I have created so far before going on to the next few. For all four cards I used the Springtime Wishes Stamp Set (set of 18 C1641 $21 AUD) and the NEW and very exciting for me Springtime Wishes Thin Cuts (set of 11 metal dies Z3201 $21 AUD).

In preparation, I  stamped the flowers and leaves using the following combinations:

A) On White Daisy card stock - stamped with the Charlotte Featured Colours (Black, Slate, Whisper, Champagne and Sorbet Inks) and Versamark and White Embossing Powder. I also used the White Watercolour paper and new Watercolor Paints. I painted a variety of washes in pale gray, pink and pale sorbet.  The next day (when the paper was completely dry) I stamped with Black, Slate and Whisper .

B) On Black card stock Versamark and  Gold or White Embossing Powder.

C) On Sorbet card stock - I stamped with Black, Slate, Whisper Inks and
Versamark and White Embossing Powder.

D) On Champagne card stock - stamped with Black, Slate and Whisper Inks Versamark and White Embossing Powder.

E) I also experimented stamping with BlackWhisper and Slate on both the pale pink and pale sorbet side s of Paper #5 

I also die cut them all before I started making up the cards.  A great way to experiment with different combinations, and a terrific time saver!

For the purpose of describing the papers, they are numbered from One (1) through to Six (6) - number 1, 2 and 3 top row remainder second row of this image on the website or Pages 4 - 9 in the Idea Book show the whole Charlotte range
Card One using Paper #1

I used White Daisy card base, and Slate card stock. For this card I used two flowers stamped with Versamark and White embossing Powder  colour them with Sorbet Ink using a dauber,
  
Card Two using Paper #4 (reverse side)
I used Champagne card stock for the card baseand foam mounted the two panels of the BandT. The two large flowers are white embossed on champagne and I used my gold pen to highlight some of the flowers. The Sentiments are from the Spingtime Wishes Stamp Set and the darling little gold hearts come in the Treasures Puffies Packet (Z3203 $6.50 AUD or included in the WYW Kit)

Card Three using Paper#2

I love this paper, but with all papers with a strong all over pattern, embellishments have to be kept to a minimum. I mounted a Black card stock mat on the White Daisy card base, followed by a smaller mat of paper #2. The White Daisy rectangular mounted on a Black mat provided a perfect spot for the sentiments and a place to group the flowers.

Card Four using Paper # 3
It is a bit hard to see in the photograph but  the reverse side of the black and white print paper is a gorgeous soft apricot/pink with a very subtle uneven white stripe.  I even used the Zip Strip from the same paper adhered diagonally.  The leaves are black stamped on champagne cardstock. Very quick and easy.

Final post for today, I made an this A2 Card Box.  It holds the eight cards (created so fa) and envelopes. The instructions and measurements for making this box are available for FREE when you make a $20.00 purchase on my website (Australia only).


A2 Card Box using Paper #3

For the box I wanted to keep the decoration to Black and White only. Honestly though it looked too flat.  I was happy with the addition of some Gold embossed on Black elements and a stip of out new Gold Foil Tape (Z3129 $7.50AUD). The roll is 15 yards inlength and .25 inches wide. 

If you have any questions or comments please leave a note below or you can always email me - see right hand side.

Until next time - Happy Crafting.
Marg

2 comments:

Linda Pekrul said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing how you created them!

Designs by Marguerite said...

Thank you Linda. I love to share my design process. Loads more in the pipeline.